Global Leader in Functional Fitness Makes Strategic Hire to Support Aggressive Growth Plans within the Fitness Industry.
SAN FRANCISCO – June 27, 2019 - TRX®, the global leader in functional training equipment, education and technology, announced John Hutchison as its new president, beginning June 10, 2019. In this role, Hutchison will be tasked with overseeing the development and execution of an aggressive global growth plan for the company. In addition, he will have direct oversight of all revenue channels, marketing, product, training, and education.
Hutchison is a seasoned executive with considerable experience developing global brands, including brand strategy and general management roles at Nike and The North Face, where he last ran the global Run & Train division. Hutchison started his career at General Electric and moved on to a consulting position at The Boston Consulting Group, where he specialized in consumer goods and retail. He earned his MBA from the Stanford Graduate School of Business and has a Bachelor of Science from the University of Oregon.
“Bringing on talent like John in key leadership roles is a key tenant of our strategy in building TRX,” said Equity38 Managing Partner Brent Leffel. “John has a strong track record of success in blue chip organizations and his experience and thought leadership will be invaluable as TRX continues its strong growth trajectory in the health and fitness market.”
“We are thrilled to have John join the TRX family as part of the executive leadership team,” said TRX Co-Chairman and Founder Randy Hetrick. “He has a proven track record within the industry, has demonstrated an ability to drive growth and profitability, and comes with a deep knowledge on how to best implement innovative strategic marketing and consumer experiences that will greatly contribute to the success and growth of our business.”
“I am very excited to join the TRX family and look forward to growing this brand that impacts and inspires so many people around the world,” said Hutchison. “TRX is the gold standard in the fitness industry, and we will leverage our leadership position to bring innovative products and services to gyms, trainers and consumers worldwide. I am sincerely grateful and humbled by this chance to contribute to a global leader in the fitness industry.”
As TRX takes on a bigger role across the fitness industry, the company is expanding to provide the best products and learning platforms for the fitness community. With the addition of Hutchison, TRX is positioned to maintain its hold and growth as the global leader in functional training.
About TRX ®
As the global leaders in functional training, TRX offers the world’s most effective training equipment, training, and education to help everyone, of any fitness level, become a better version of themselves. TRX is also the No. 1 choice of specialized education courses for fitness professionals. They have redefined the application of bodyweight training to enhance human performance and have successfully disrupted the mature landscape of the health club industry. Through a commitment to ongoing research and product development, TRX is changing the way consumers exercise, athletes train for sport, soldiers train for combat, physical therapists rehabilitate patients, and exercise instructors train clients. For more information on TRX, call (888) 878-5348 or email email@example.com.
Equity 38 LLC is a boutique principal investment firm focused on lower middle market opportunities in the consumer-facing Health/Wellness, Active Lifestyle, and Outdoor sector. The firm’s Managing Partners have complementary experience as principal investors, entrepreneurs, board members and c-level industry executives. The firm was founded in 2018 by Brent Leffel and David Cox with offices in Newport Beach, CA and Atlanta, GA. Equity38 LLC is currently investing out of its first committed fund. For more information, please visit www.equity38.com.
TRX® SETS A NEW STANDARD IN MYOFASCIAL RELEASE WITH THE TRX ROCKER® – DRAMATICALLY INNOVATING CONVENTIONAL FOAM ROLLER DESIGN
Unique, Proprietary Product Design Encourages Rocking, a Highly Effective Technique for Hyperfocused Muscle Release, Increased Blood Flow and Circulation, and Muscle Relaxation
Fitbit Enhances Health and Fitness Smartwatch Experience Powered by Fitbit OS 3.0 Update, New Popular Brand Apps and Advanced Developer Tools
Fitbit OS 3.0 delivers an upgraded on-device dashboard and goal-based exercise modes to Fitbit Ionic, Fitbit Ionic: adidas edition and Fitbit Versa, along with new popular brand apps and clock face
SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Fitbit (NYSE: FIT), the leading global wearables brand, today announced advancements to the on-device Fitbit user experience for its popular smartwatches:
- Starting today, Fitbit OS 3.0 for Fitbit Ionic, Fitbit Ionic: adidas edition and Fitbit Versa smartwatches lets you see even more personal data at-a-glance, including sleep and expanded exercise view, plus adds quick logging for weight and water intake, so it’s easier than ever to take action based on data right from your wrist.
- 10 new popular brand apps across health, fitness, smart home and lifestyle brands were announced, including achu health, Couch to 5K, Genius Wrist and MySwimPro. Others like FitBark, GOLD’S AMP™ for Fitbit, MINDBODY, Noonlight and TRX are coming soon to the Fitbit App Gallery, offering more tools to help maximize your health and simplify your life.
- New Fitbit Exercise API and open-source developer tools provide Fitbit’s global developer community with faster, more efficient ways to build complex and innovative health and fitness apps and clock faces for Fitbit smartwatches; new developer apps Alpine Snow and Skateboard launch starting today.
- Female Health Tracking trends will arrive in the Fitbit app in early 2019, offering a comprehensive view of menstrual cycle data including symptom trends, over time.
“We are excited to announce these software and app updates as they provide Fitbit smartwatch users with more ways to take action based on their personal data to achieve their health and fitness goals,” said Jon Oakes, Senior Vice President of Product at Fitbit.
Take action right from your wrist with more health data and quick logging
The Fitbit OS 3.0 update delivers an expanded on-device dashboard to easily view additional and expanded stats and data, including sleep, log water intake and weight, with expanded exercise stats, heart rate and hourly activity, allowing you more ways to take control of and manage your important personal health data right from your wrist. Goal-based exercise modes have been added to Ionic, Ionic: adidas edition and Versa, so you can set a goal for calories burned, distance or time for 15+ exercises, including running, biking, swimming and more, and see real-time stats, progress and celebrations when goals are reached.
New health and fitness apps from popular brands
Fitbit is expanding its Fitbit App Gallery with 10 new popular brand apps to deliver enhanced health and fitness experiences and provide you with more unique ways to simplify your every day. These apps integrate with Fitbit data to offer guidance and insights to help track your progress and motivate you along your health and fitness journey.
Available starting today in the Fitbit Featured App Gallery are four new popular brand apps and clock faces:
- achu health: This clock face transfers your Fitbit data to achu’s illness prediction technology to help you evaluate potential illness, providing alerts when your body show signs of sickness before it happens.
- Couch to 5K: Pulls your Fitbit data including distance and calories burned to provide you with insights and training programs for races ranging from 5K to a marathon.
- Genius Wrist: Features four apps (Gym Genius, Gym Time Pro, Workout Builder and Workout Genius) which provide structured on-device workouts, productivity and visualization tools, offering different ways for you to view your Fitbit data and workout anywhere, anytime.
- MySwimPro: Offers custom guided swim workouts, training plans and video coaching for all levels, using real-time heart rate from your Fitbit device to help you improve your swim performance. Post-workout analytics pull personal workout data to track progress and measure improvement.
“We are partnering with some of the most popular health and fitness brands to develop apps that leverage Fitbit data to offer unique experiences and deliver more valuable and personal insights to help our users to live healthier lifestyles,” said Tim Rosa, Chief Marketing Officer at Fitbit. “For example, apps like achu health pairs your Fitbit data with illness prediction technology to help you manage signs of sickness, and MySwimPro helps you improve swimming performance with personalized coaching plans based on your heart rate data during swimming workouts.”
Additional third-party apps coming in early 2019 include:
- Charity Miles: Syncs with your Fitbit activity data to raise money for 40 of the world’s top charities for every mile logged.
- FitBark: Helps you and your dog get healthy together by showing your daily Fitbit stats such as activity, distance and calories burned alongside those of your canine companion.
- GOLD’S AMP for Fitbit (Gold’s Gym): Experience a variety of cardio and strength workouts designed for your wearable by expert Gold’s Gym Coaches. Receive guidance through every step of your workout, including visual demos, a countdown timer and interval cues with vibrating alerts.
- MINDBODY: Keep your fitness and wellness top of mind with the ability to check the schedule at your favorite studios and view your upcoming MINDBODY classes from your wrist.
- Noonlight: Protects and comforts you with advanced safety features that you can activate from your wrist, making it easier than ever before to get emergency assistance.
- TRX ®: Guided workouts coach you through quick and effective TRX Suspension Training® workouts that track biometrics using your Fitbit data, helping you get stronger and reach your fitness goals.
Advanced developer capabilities and innovative new apps
Since Fitbit launched its App Gallery in late 2017, its growing global community of more than 44,000 developers will now have access to more advanced capabilities, including a new Exercise API that makes it faster and easier to create, build and innovate more complex, high-quality apps for Fitbit smartwatch users. A new Scientific API helps developers and researchers perform advanced data processing through a more efficient collection of math, statistical and digital signal processing functions.
Developers can now utilize their own algorithms when building health and fitness apps, in order to create more intricate apps in less time, and can easily record custom exercise sessions on the Fitbit platform. This allows developers to design Fitbit smartwatch apps for more complex activities like snowboarding, skiing and skateboarding, so you can keep track of more specific activities that aren’t necessarily step-based.
For example, starting today are two innovative developer-created apps leveraging the latest APIs that will appear in the Fitbit Featured App Gallery:
- Alpine Snow: Take your Fitbit device on the slopes with the ability to track distance travelled, number of runs, speed, altitude, weather conditions, calories burned and heart rate in real-time, with the session available to view in the Fitbit App along with your GPS route.
- Skateboard: Track your speed, heart rate, calories burned, and distance traveled while you skateboard, based on your Fitbit data.
All new popular brand and developer apps will be available in addition to the existing suite of 15+ Exercise Modes and more than 1,200 apps and clock faces currently accessible to Fitbit smartwatch users.
Period trends coming to Female Health Tracking
Last, Female Health Tracking, a highly engaged feature by women in the Fitbit app1, will introduce menstrual cycle trends in the Fitbit app, allowing you to see your menstrual cycle data, logged symptoms and trends all in one place no matter what Fitbit device you use.
Fitbit helps people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals. As the leading global wearables brand, Fitbit designs products and experiences that track and provide motivation for everyday health and fitness. Fitbit’s diverse line of innovative and popular products include Fitbit Charge 3™, Fitbit Alta HR™, Fitbit Alta®, Fitbit Ace™, Fitbit Flex 2®, and Fitbit Zip® activity trackers, as well as the Fitbit Ionic™ and Fitbit Versa™ smartwatches, Fitbit Flyer™ wireless headphones and Fitbit Aria 2™ Wi-Fi Smart Scale. Fitbit products are carried in over 39,000 retail stores and in 87 countries around the globe. Powered by one of the world’s largest social fitness networks and databases of health and fitness data, the Fitbit platform delivers personalized experiences, insights and guidance through leading software and interactive tools, including the Fitbit and Fitbit Coach apps, and the Fitbit OS for smartwatches. Fitbit Health Solutions develops health and wellness solutions designed to help increase engagement, improve health outcomes, and drive a positive return for employers, health plans and health systems.
Fitbit and the Fitbit logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fitbit, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries. Additional Fitbit trademarks can be found at www.fitbit.com/legal/trademark-list . Third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Connect with us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter and share your Fitbit experience.
This press release contains forward-looking statements, within the meaning of the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, that involve risks and uncertainties including, among other things, statements regarding the future availability of certain third-party apps in the Fitbit App Gallery and certain features and functionality described in this release such as Female Health Tracking trends. These forward-looking statements are only predictions and may differ materially from actual results due to a variety of factors, including the effects of the highly competitive market in which we operate, including competition from much larger technology companies; any inability to successfully develop and introduce new products, features, and services or enhance existing products and services; product liability issues, security breaches or other defects; and other factors discussed under the heading “Risk Factors” in our most recent report on Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. All forward-looking statements contained herein are based on information available to us as of the date hereof and we do not assume any obligation to update these statements as a result of new information or future events.
1 Based on Fitbit data of women who have added the feature, August & September, 2018.
Jen Ralls, 415-941-0037
Source: Fitbit, Inc.
Well + Good's Laurel Leicht got her first TRX Suspension Trainer about five years ago. She strapped it up to her bedroom door and loved how it instantly turned her tiny Brooklyn apartment into a mini gym. Simple moves like planks and jack knifes got more fun and way more challenging at once.
With the launch of the TRX Home2, you can finally bring the Navy SEAL-approvedworkout system home with you. The TRX Home2 is the ultimate at-home (or outdoor) workout tool. All you need is an anchor that will hold your weight; then you can break a sweat any time, any place. I took the TRX home to see how it fared in a New York City apartment.
Military.com features TRX as one item that can replace just about any piece of weight machine or free weight, and that it is key for every tactical athlete because too many people skip their workouts then they are too busy to go to a gym or on travel.Full article
The TRX Suspension Trainer is featured in the October issue of Muscle & Fitness (October). TRX is specifically called out as the most recognizable suspension trainer on the market and is used throughout the 9-page workout feature. The piece includes a 30-minute and 15-minute workout utilizing TRX-inspired moves such as the lunge jump, leg curl, recline row, mountain climber and many more.