There is more to the TRX Lower Body Challenge than just the bragging rights and badge. The purpose of the TLBC is to get your body moving, build strength and muscle, and improve your performance. Here are the top 5 benefits of the TRX Lower Body Challenge:
1) Suspended lunge - doing independent leg work helps to improve strength/balance in non-dominant leg therefore when both legs are working together such as cycling, running or swimming there will be more efficiency/power/strength/balance in pedal stroke/kick/running stride.
2) Suspended Hip press - builds strength in lower back, glutes, hamstrings and hips all in one movement. Whether running, jumping, swinging, punching, pushing or pulling, essentially all sport movements initiate from this core area.
3) Both exercises challenge balance and core throughout the entire movement. Due to nature of suspension training the lower body is in a state of constant challenge, improve agility and balance in even the most common everyday movements.
4) Incredibly time efficient and targets entire lower body in 2 exercises (lower back, abs, glutes, hips, quads, hamstrings, calves). Great for the busy person who wants to get the biggest effect in the shortest amount of time.
5) Fantastic metabolic workout - high output in short period of time, giving your body the boost it needs to build a faster metabolism and burn unwanted fat.
6) Get a lower body that shorts and swim swimsuits want to be on! Develop the assets that will look good in a pair of shorts and great on the beach!