We have a TRX first here today. This workout literally comes straight from the delivery room where TRX CORE Member Jesse Rowe and his wife Sarah just welcomed their first child—baby Nolan. Rowe found a few minutes in between feedings and changings to whip up this quick TRX New Parent Workout. Moms and dads short on time will appreciate this quick pick-me-up that Rowe dedicates to his new addition.
“This workout is designed to give all the on-the-go moms and dads out there a great workout in a limited amount of time. As the little one sleeps you may only have 15 minutes, so try this,” said Rowe.
Rowe has grown his training knowledge, TRX expertise and his business with the help of the exclusive videos, blogs and articles he has access to as a TRX CORE member. He has applied what he has learned to design original workouts to fit the needs of his clients in New Hampshire, like fitting a quick training session into a busy schedule. In this workout sequence, Rowe introduces an effective TRX combo move to work both the core and back that you can integrate into your current training program.
To perform Rowe’s baby blast, repeat the following sequence four times:
Squat Jumps - 20 Reps on or off the TRX
Hip Press - 20 Reps on or off the TRX
TRX Power Pull to Single Arm Row (demonstrated in video above) - 10 combos each side
Spiderman Push-Ups - 10 alternating on or off the TRX
- Stand with feet shoulder width apart
- Lower hips down and back, weight in heels
- Drive through heels, exploding up into a jump
- Lay onback with knees bent
- Drive heels down, lift hips to form straight line from knees to shoulders
- Lower hips back down with control
- Start in a plank position
- Touch left knee to left elbow while simultaneously performing a push-up
- Repeat on right side with right knee