In this video, Coach Todd Durkin answers TRX Training questions from the TRX community. Whether he’s sharing with the TRX Community the very same tricks of the trade he uses with his top clients or he’s whipping his A-list athletes into shape, his intention is to help anyone, regardless of age or fitness level, attain new heights of performance.
And with the release of Durkin’s very first book today, The IMPACT! Body Plan, he comes one step closer to that goal.
“My intention at the beginning of 2010 was to create a year of impact,” says Durkin. “I thought about the many ways I could create the strongest and most significant impact to the most number of people around the world and realized that it was the perfect opportunity to take a very strong intention I have had for many years, writing this book, and make it come to fruition.”
The IMPACT! Body Plan is a 10 week program designed to lead men and women to world class levels of fitness and performance in their life. Utilizing Durkin’s "Train the Joes Like the Pros" approach, it is written for anyone, from stay-at-home moms to weekend warriors to top athletes, searching for peak performance - physically, mentally, emotionally and even spiritually.
To further illustrate Durkin’s commitment to the messages in his book, we recently had a contest on our Facebook page asking people to submit questions for Durkin, which he answered in this video (above). Here are the top five questions we selected:
- "For people with past injuries (rotator cuff surgery, hamstring pull, etc), how do you adjust a workout to ensure you are correctly building the surrounding tissues, while keeping yourself or a client safe? How much separate time/effort would you put on this per workout?" - Joseph Varano
- "Who inspires you and why?" - Heidi Saunders
- "What kind of innovative ways can you bust through a plateau and keep workouts fresh?" - Jackie Weisberger
- "Do you pre-plan your pro athletes TRX in season programs? Or does the team’s strength and conditioning coach design the program, or is it a combined effort?" - David Maughn
- "What are your recommendations for TRX training versus weight training for youth athletes?" - Kelly Valone Maurer
Each of these individuals will receive an autographed copy of The IMPACT! Body Plan. Congrats guys!! If your question wasn’t selected, don’t worry! You can still get a copy of the book signed by Mr. Durkin himself. Simply "Like" this post on our Facebook page, and we'll randomly select five people to receive an autographed copy of the book.
To order a copy of The IMPACT! Body Plan, click here.