The TRX Suspension Trainer is an amazing tool for unilaterally training your body! Kristine will show you her favorite strength moves that target the upper and lower body.
The first move is the TRX Single Leg Squat to Cross Balance Lunge.
- Adjust your TRX Suspension Trainer to mid-length.
- Stand facing your anchor and start by stacking your elbows under your shoulders, center one leg to the anchor point and lift the opposite leg to 90 degrees at the hip.
- Begin the movement by lowering your hips down and back.
- Make sure to keep the weight in the center of your foot and knee over the ankle.
- Move into the cross balance lunge by slightly opening your hips as you cross your free knee behind your working heel.
- Return by driving through the heel of your working leg, squeezing your glutes and extending your hips.
- To dial this move back a notch, kickstand your free heel in the single leg squat and touch your toes to the ground in the cross balance lunge.
The second move is the TRX Power Pull with Rotation.
- Keep your TRX Suspension Trainer adjusted at mid-length.
- Stand facing your anchor and start with your working hand beside your chest and your free hand reaching up the TRX main strap towards the anchor point.
- Make sure to keep your shoulders down.
- Begin the movement by rotating your free arm towards the ground while extending your working arm.
- Make sure to keep your hips square.
- Return by driving your working elbow straight back while rotating your free arm up and over the main strap as you bend your elbow.
Thanks for checking out this week’s TRX Moves of the Week and as always be sure to tune in next week for more moves!
Kristine is a fitness instructor at the TRX Training Center in San Francisco. Kristine has a Bachelor of Science Degree in Kinesiology and has NASM, FMS and TRX Advanced Group Trainer certifications. Kristine taught Physical Education and was a fitness instructor in Napa before moving to San Francisco to pursue her dream to work full time in the fitness industry. Her goal as a fitness professional is to share her passion for fitness through positive group training experiences for all fitness levels. Kristine is passionate about living a healthy lifestyle and loves working out, yoga and being active everyday! Stay connected and follow her @kristine_fit