This short TRX shoulder workout delivers big results for anyone who wants to build strength in their deltoids, traps and chest muscles.
TRX Clock Pull (alternating sides): 1 minute
TRX Swimmer Pull: 1 minute
TRX Push-up Plus: 1 minute
Rest for One minute and repeat two to three times through.
Below are directions on how to perform each exercise:
TRX Clock Pull
Benefits: Increases kinesthetic awareness, strengthens shoulder stabilizers
- Adjust your TRX to mid length, and stand facing the anchor point. Walk your feet towards the anchor point and fully extend your arms to chin height.
- With the right arm, perform a row while extending the left arm out straight to a T position. Allow both arms to straighten and lower the body back to start position between reps.
- Perform 10 reps on the right side and then switch arms, this time performing a row with your left arm and extending the right arm out straight to a T position. Perform 10 reps on the left side. Keep your shoulders down and back throughout the movement.
TRX Swimmer Pull
Benefits: Improves lat engagement, strengthens posterior shoulder
- With your TRX still at mid length, continue to stand facing the anchor point. Place your hands beside your hips, palms back, tension on the TRX and adopt an offset stance.
- Lower your body down with arms straight, maintaining a strong plank position. Pull on the handles, drive your palms down and allow your body to move up toward the anchor point.
- Slowly release back down to the start position between reps. Perform 10 reps.
TRX Push-up Plus
Benefits: Improves serratus anterior engagement
- Adjust your TRX to mid calf length and place your toes in the foot cradles. On your hands and knees, lift up into a hand plank position.
- Lower your chest down, bend elbows to 90 degrees and keep your core engaged. At the bottom of the movement, drive through your palms and push up, keeping your body in a strong plank position.
- At the top of the movement, push up a bit further than a normal push-up, causing your upper back to round slightly and your chest to cave. Perform 10 reps.
If you want more, be sure to check out our TRX for strength training page.